SALO leaf type ankle foot orthosis (AFO) aids in swing phase toe clearance and reduce plantar flexion impact in early stance and allows natural heel strike. Its thin walled polypropylene construction has been optimized for increased resilience. The unique comfort curve on calf muscles reduce pressure point and muscle tension.This splint is used in cases of weakness of Dorsiflexion of the foot and ensures safety and control the foot posture during walking. Unique comfort curve on calf muscles reduce pressure Point and muscle tension.
- High level of wearer comfort due to anatomical shape at calf and leaf spring action type footplate
- Thin and flexible footplate for easy wear with shoe and easy trimming
- Raises the front of the foot while the leg swings through.
- Provide control of foot posture during walking.
- Heat moldable splint.
- Low profile with open heel.
- Suitable for skin contact, does not absorb perspiration.
- Does not support micro organisms growth
- Washable, odour free, tough, resilient and light weight
- Made of robust, durable Polypropylene
- Designed for right or left foot use
- Encourages improved toe clearance in normal gait
- Available in sizes medium and large
Indications for Use
- Used in cases of weakness of dorsiflexion of the foot.
- Foot drag due to hemiplegia or CVA [cerebral vascular attack]
- Drop foot due to peroneal nerve injury or sciatica nerve lesion
- Unique comfort curve on calf muscles reduce pressure point and muscle tension.